Alpen Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Makes 10 servings
- Takes: 30 minutes
Made with Alpen Original
- ¾ cups of cake flour
- 1⁄3 cup of packed, light-brown sugar
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup of oat bran
- 1 cup of mashed, ripe bananas
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup of applesauce
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cups Alpen Dark Chocolate Muesli
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours,
oat bran, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and
brown sugar until pale and fluffy. Add
eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly
after each addition. Add bananas, apple sauce
and vanilla, and stir to combine.
Add flour mixture, and stir to combine.
Gently fold in ¾ cups of Alpen and the
- Divide batter among 10 standard-sized
baking cups (or pour into a
muffin tin fitted with liners), filling to
the rims. Sprinkle tops with remaining
½ cup of Alpen and gently press into
- Bake 15-20 minutes until set and
cool completely before serving.